UKULELE BUILDING WORKSHOPS WITH TUBUP (the Utterly Butterly Ukulele Project): subsidised cost £400 (50% subsidy from Wave)
22 and 23 November 2016
- In your school, large space and breakout space needed
- Ideally year 3+ (though can consider Y2 if there are plenty of adult helpers)
- Covers ideally 60 children / 2 classes (can be up to 3 classes if there are plenty of adult helpers)
- Everyone builds a ukulele from a margarine carton and fishing line, decorates it (could be Xmas themed) and can take it home – all materials provided apart from materials for decoration. They also learn some very basic, 2 chord songs
- TUBUP can also do a short assembly slot at the start of the day plus a concert involving all ukulele makers for parents at the end of the day (if desired by the school)
- Wave will invoice schools following the workshop
Very popular in the past, these are a fantastic way to kick start an interest in music which could progress onto real” ukuleles or something else musical. However, the TUBUP ukuleles do sound surprisingly authentic!
Interested schools: please contact email@example.com by Friday 14 October 2016 to register interest.