Wave is able to offer a range of workshop options within the fields of Literacy, Dance, Drama and Cross Arts. From poetry slams to contemporary dance workshops to drama to full scale, ready-made theatrical tours, Wave and its partners is able to offer a huge variety of workshops, led by experienced and talented practitioners.
In these art forms, we tend to either
- offer schools an option to opt into a larger tour and host a professional production with associated workshops for a day. This is frequently targeted at particular year groups
- we respond to specific requests from schools for a particular types of workshop (eg. particular genres of dance). These can be anything from an afternoon session to a much longer project.
Some projects incorporate a mix of art forms.
Our partnership with Lighthouse, Poole’s Centre for the Arts, is enabling us to offer more and more specialist outreach projects associated with shows at the venue to local schools, though these tend to be quite short, one-off workshops.
In 2015/16, examples of the type of ready-made project Wave offered to schools include:
- Grandma’s Beach Hut – a 40 minute, full-scale immersive theatre production aimed at Early Years settings (in partnership with Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival). Half day residencies in each school.
- Surya’s Story – a multicultural play exploring ‘Rights of the Child’ and fair trade featuring a predominantly South Asian cast with associated workshops in drama, music and visual arts. One day residencies in each school.
- Sonic Investigators – a fun, dramatic workshop looking at the science of different sounds, led by Gobbledegook Theatre Company (in partnership with Bournemouth Arts by the Sea Festival). One day residencies in each school
In the summer of 2016, ready-made day long workshop sessions we are offering include:
- a further run of ‘Surya’s Story’ (link to page) – suitable for most key stages
- building and playing workshops by the Utterly Butterly Ukulele Company – Y3+
Contact us if you are interested in booking either of these.
Get in touch if you want to discuss bringing bespoke workshop sessions to your school.